Learn how to improve edge security with hardware security modules
If you can only improve one aspect of the attack surface in an edge system, then do this…..NEVER HAVE PRIVATE KEYS IN MAIN MEMORY
Tim Mattison, Global Tech Lead, IoT Partners, Amazon Web Services
Key Takeaways from Session
- Store keys and credentials in a hardware root of trust
- Secure flash DOES NOT usually protect a system from software exploits since the flash is decrypted for them
- OTA – many homebrew OTA systems out there that aren’t hardened
- Code repo and integration systems – control who commits and has access.
- AWS Greengrass HSI (Hardware Security Integrations) provide a ready to go security solution.
Application of Zymbit AWS Hardware Security Integration
Ask How Valuable are Your Digital Assets?
Think About Whole Device Security
Production Ready Solution – Zymbit Security Module
Zymbit Developer Kit